Hello WordPress bloggers. We all know that securing the WordPress blog is an important task for us. Keeping in mind a few months ago I have installed Google Authenticator plugin in my blog and synchronized it with the Google Authenticator Android app that was installed in my smartphone.
Google Authenticator is one of the best security app for WordPress blog. No one can log in to the WordPress dashboard without the Google Authenticator Code even though they knew the WordPress dashboard admin password.
Everything was going fine and I felt very secure about my blog. But recently I lost my Android mobile and I’m unable to login my WordPress dashboard. A few of my friends suggested deleting the Google Authenticator plugin folder from the Web Hosting cPanel and try to log in. But doing it may cause fatal errors. So I thought for alternatives and upon experimenting I found a perfect solution to this.
Bypassing the Google Authenticator Code:
- Login to your web hosting cPanel
- Navigate to wp-content folder
- Create a folder ‘disabled’ or something else which will not conflict with WordPress
- Navigate to wp-content/plugin directory
- Find the Google Authenticator plugin and move it to ‘disabled’ folder.
- Open the wp-admin page. Now it won’t prompts for Google Authenticator Code
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard
Now you can go to the plugin page and delete the Google Authenticator plugin or even you can reconfigure it.
Watch YouTube Video Tutorial: